I travelled to Bali for just four days as my flight was cancelled due to a volcanic eruption, even though my time was short i still feel like i got a taste of Bali around Denpasar and would love to go back to venture further. It was my first taste of Asia and what a great first destination to start.
Follow the link below to see my blog posts from :
Currency: Indonesian Rupiah
- The best and cheapest way to get about is by Scooter, the roads are pretty crazy in the city but once you get out they are a lot more peaceful.
- The food i had whilst in Bali was very good, i stuck to small independent restaurants that don’t look the prettiest but cook incredible dishes for low prices.
- I only stayed in two hostels whilst in Bali and they were both very good and reasonably priced. The Mirah hostel located not far from Denpasar is a brilliant place to stay, it has big dorms, friendly staff, a pool and serves good food.
Places not to miss:
- Ubud sacred monkey forest
- Tegalalang Rice terraces
- Scuba Diving is incredible just make sure you go with a reputable company!